Sunday, January 17, 2021

Friday, January 17, 1936 - Three Movies

 


"I did not go to school this morning because Joyce had a ear ache, but I went this after noon.  I went to the Strand to see Shirley Temple in the littlest Rebel, and our gang Frollies [sic], and The little mice.  The little mice were in color."


I could not find a movie or cartoon named The Little Mice by searching Google, IMBD, or Wikipedia.  I did find a short color cartoon called Three Lazy Mice, released July 15, 1936 which can be viewed on YouTube here

According to CinemaTreasures.org, the Strand Theatre, 22-27 East Broadway Avenue, was built in Muskegon Heights in 1923 in a mixed-use retail and apartment building.  It had one screen and 843 seats.  A photo of what it probably looked like when Shirley attended movies there can be see here.  Since 2001, attempts have been made to restore and renovate the historic building.

No comments:

Post a Comment