Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Monday, January 6, 1936 - Christmas vacation is over

 


"Today we have to go to school. Christmas vacation is over. We are just starting to learn fractions. Today I wore my new green dress to school for the first time. Tomorrow in school we will have health instead of reading. Every other day we have reading or health."

Just as I don't know which church the family attended, I don't know for sure which school the children were attending.  However, the 1936 Muskegon and Muskegon Heights City Directory lists Edgewood School, part of the Muskegon Heights School District, on the southeast corner of Howden Street and Summit Avenue.

There is still an Edgewood Elementary on that corner; however, the existing building is not the one that would have been there when the Robbins children attended.  I've looked online for a historical picture but haven't yet been able to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment