Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Sunday, January 5, 1936 - Jack and I went to Sunday School

 


"Today Jack and I went to Sunday School. When I got home I washed and dried a lot of dishes and mother gave me a nickel. I brought note-book paper for my note-book. Taylors are going to stay here tonight. tomorrow is Monday, we'll have to go to School. Today is My girlfreinds nephew birthday, he was two years old."

I'm not sure which church the family attended, if they attended other than the children going to Sunday School. Marie had probably been raised Episcopalian, as her mother Mary was a member of that church in Whitehall.  Bryan had probably been raised Methodist, as that was his mother Lula's church.

Although Shirley doesn't say, I wonder if the girlfriend she mentions, whose nephew had a birthday, was Marie Server.  Later on, she mentions visiting Marie's older sister, niece, and nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment